Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bat Costume

 Last year my oldest wanted to be a bat. However, I wanted more of a cuddly woodland theme so I brainwashed him into being a fox instead. I promised him that the next year he could be a bat and even though he loved being a fox, he never forgot my promise. All year he would talk about how he was going to be a bat and fell more and more in love with the idea the more he learned about these winged creatures. For his birthday I got him a book called, Bats at the Beach, by Brian Lies and that sealed the deal. Mason was especially fond of Little Brown Bats so there was no way around being brown. Also, as a last minute birthday present, I made him a little bat stuffed animal and my son couldn't wait to be dressed in a matching costume. The only problem was, the light brown flannel that I used for the stuffed animal's wings was not being sold anywhere so we had to dye our own for a look-a-like finish. My son got a kick out of the whole process, and even though he is now mistaken for a bear of a kangaroo, etc, he couldn't be more pleased with his costume! 









7 comments:

Hayley Parker said...

OMG what a cute costume and an even cuter little boy inside it! He seriously is so cute and I can't believe he is getting so big!

Heather said...

Wow, you are very talented! I just stumbled across your blog today and I love it!
I can't believe you made this costume without a pattern. Great job!

Brittany said...

Malinda,
Its been a long time, but once upon a time, we were in the same ward back at BYU..(I think it was the 200th??) Anyway, I happened to see a post on facebook about your cute costumes, and I just have to say, they are darling!! You do an AWESOME job!! I remember you being very creative, so this was really fun to come across. Kudos to you!! What a fun mom you are! And now you have 3..I think you only had one when I saw you last. Congratulations! So fun to come across your blog!!

Unknown said...


thank you

سعودي اوتو


Clipping Path said...

Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.

David Millar said...


Nice article as well as the whole site.Thanks for sharing.
clipping path service

Clipping Path said...



Thanks for sharing this blog. I loved reading this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...