Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Caterpillar costume

Caterpillar
My husband's family came to stay this last week and we had a wonderful time. Not only did we have fun laughing and playing, but I also got sit down with my sister-in-law and sew. She is also a big lover of Halloween and so for the third year in the row we sat down and made costumes together. Yes, I know it is July, but I start my Halloween prep quite early in this house. :) His sister, Audrey, is due to have a baby boy this September (on my birthday!!!!) and so we got to create a costume that would keep him warm and swaddled as a month old babe.

Audrey thought that a caterpillar costume would be fun and we both thought a version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar would be adorable. By using a 0-3 month old pajama outfit and some bright colored flannel, our little costume came to life. I love designing costumes and I can't wait to see our little nephew in it!






http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/, 
Craftaholics Anonymous

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

As always it's adorable!

Amanda said...

Holy smokes!! That's amazing! fantastic job!

sweet and lovely crafts said...

That's so cute. Here from TT&J. I just linked up a leaf print Hungry Caterpillar craft tonight. I wish that I would have thought of a costume like this last year for my little one!

Jamie said...

LOVE! I was serisouly just thinking I would love for my daughter to be that caterpillar for halloween but thout there was no way that was possible, I definitely don't have your sewing skills but thats is crazy cute! -jamie @ theletter4.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is great! You should enter it on the World of Eric Carle's Facebook DIY costume contest! https://www.facebook.com/theworldofEricCarle/app_451684954848385

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...