Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lion costume

I have always thought that having a little lion for Halloween would be a dream come true. When I had Charlie, I knew that it would be his fate (my poor children....I'm not joking, I plan WAY ahead for Halloween). I wanted a costume that had a mane that would hold it's shape while it encircled his little head. I also got such a kick using cool Halloween prints in my '09 costumes, that I knew that I wanted a tummy with some sort of muted Halloween print to pull the whole thing together. Thankfully, my favorite fabric store still had a bolt from the year before that was exactly what I was looking for. Last but not least, I wanted the costume to be warm enough to wear on it's own, no matter how bad the weather. With this in mind, I decided to make his costume out of anti pill fleece. When it finally came down to the big day, my little man was nice enough to go along with the costume that I had been dreaming up for way too long. A very brave little lion indeed!



I love having an amazing photographer as a sister! Not even remotely overrated!
Linked up to: Eighteen25
Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

Jenni S. said...

I am so in love with that lion costume!

Iuliania said...

Kids are so cute in those costumes! Lion impressed me most of all :)) You have wondeful blog by the way! Your ideas are so tasteful and photography is excellent!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Absolutely adorable ... and I love the photos on the white steps!

Cecilia said...

This is the cutest little costume EVER!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Would you be willing to sell the lion costume? I have a friend with a lil man named Charlie as well & she would love to have this for him this year!

Amanda Smith said...

How did you make this? I've been all over pinterest and yours is the only cute one :D My daughter, Ila Leona, just has to be a lion this year because she's 8 month old and I get to choose :D Was the costume pretty easy to make? I can sew pretty well I just don't have a lot of time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...