Thursday, March 10, 2011

Homemade Suspenders


When I was a teenager, I fell in love with the movie, A River Runs Through It. Brad Pitt starred in the movie and of course that was my main reason for loving the flick. However, I also was smitten by the suspenders that all the men wore in the show. Why don't men wear suspenders these days? I still love them! This Valentines day, I wanted my men to look especially dapper. So on top of the Valentines bowties, I also made them a pair of Valentine Suspenders. Easy as pie and so adorable!
Since I couldn't find any red elastic, I used Dana's tutorial and a little Rit dye to make my red dreams come true. Also, instead of paying an arm and a leg for the suspender clips, I found some of these wowy cheap-o suspenders in the dollar section of Target and used the clips. I'll use the colorful elastic later.
Boy was he a cutie! Too bad he wasn't as in love with them as I was. Maybe I'll have to show him the movie.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...